Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To Craftsman or not to Craftsman

So I have bought a LOT of tools over the past 9 years. More than I could probably ever need. One thing I've found, in my time working on cars, tractors, boats, ATVs, is that when I need a sturdy, reliable tool, the only ones I have so far are my Craftman tools. This may sound like an ad. It's not. I just know what has worked for me.
I will admit my Gear Wrenches (another brand name) work incredibly well also. The ones I have are the shorties, and fit in places most others couldn't imagine. That is for a different write up though.
My favorite Craftsman tools are my ratchets. I purchased the majority of them that I have between 2000 and 2002, and they still work flawlessly today. I have purchased multiple other off brands and not one of them has lasted more than a year. Luckily I never spent too much money on any of them, and their socket bits are still usable. Yes, I have WAY more than I need. I have 2-4 of each size. I often work on multiple projects simultaneously, and it's nice to be able to leave the tools next to the job with the proper sockets attached.
I also have craftsman table saws, electric sanders, circular saws, buffer/polishers, cordless drills, and way too many more to remember without playing, err, I mean, using them again.
All in all, I am very happy with all of my craftsman tools. I also have 2 craftsman tool chests, purchased as gifts for me. Couldn't have asked for better storage pieces for all of my goodies.



No comments:

Post a Comment