Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hitachi 12v Lithium Ion drill set - Excellent so far!

For my birthday, I had wanted some new tools. When shopping a few days ago with my lovely bride, she bought me a tool I'd been needing for a while since my others died a horrible death. We picked up a Hitachi 12v Lithium Ion Drill and Impact driver set. This is a great deal at the current price of $139.99. It comes with 2 batteries (which sell for ~$50 each), a quick charger (40 minute), an Impact driver, a cordless screw / drill driver, and as an added bonus a flashlight (which I doubt will ever get used).





I have used this on 2 projects already and love Lithium Ion. Yes, I know, these have been out for a long time, but I hadn't had a need to replace what was working for me before, as funds have been tight (for everyone!) this year, but with our upcoming projects, this will be a very useful tool.
The size and weight were amazing. I was used to the standard Ni-cad batteries that were heavy and bulky. The LI batteries are about 1/3 the size, and seem to produce more torque than the Ni-cad. I look forward to getting to use this in the near future as we work on some new DIY projects, like some doored garage storage bins, shelving, finishing out a closet, and a home theater stand for the living room. I'll post up some pics once I get some of them done with more reviews.

Also, for some very cool, and very FREE designs for furniture, check out ana-white.com. My wife and I have found our first 3 projects already and look to start within the next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment