Monday, June 15, 2009

Tractor hydraulic flush and fill

I have put together a series of photos and notes as to what I did in order to change out the original tar-like hydraulic fluid in my Jinma. If you have any questions let me know!

Up and ready for draining.



Draining the sludge.







Removing the fuel filter.











Fitting had to be loosened. Overtightened when we got it and wouldn't allow draining. Not sure how/why still.







Sludge drained.





Fuel Filter cleaned.







Inside of hydraulic casing. When we started, this was covered in black sludge. I drained the original, ran a kerosene flush, then drained it again. After that, it was bright orange, and the metal was nice and shiny. The tar like crap that was there was gone and everything seemed to be happier.











Misc pic



Nice new clear hydraulic fluid. Much better flowing than tar.



No comments:

Post a Comment